Ms. Susan Shields’ Home Page
Why Wellness instead of Physical Education and Health?
I am often asked what is Wellness? The Wellness Department fills the role of a traditional Physical Education and Health experience. How we differ is through our philosophy and holistic approach when working with students. Wellness concepts are intertwined in every course we teach. We want students to make a connection between their physical well-being, their emotional/social health, their values/beliefs and the essence of who they are. All of these aspects of a person makes up their Wellness.
My Time at L-S
I began my career at Lincoln-Sudbury in 1993 and I have chosen to stay because of the creative dynamic working environment. The Wellness Department curriculum is ever changing to best meet the needs of the students and in tern challenges the faculty to grow as educators. It is a lively place to work!
- Co-Creating First Adventure/9th Grade Orientation Program with Leslie Belcher.
- Developing Senior Seminar Day with Karen Thomsen.
- MIAA Wellness Coordinator of the Year 2009.
- Creating the Self-Defense Curriculum.
- Overseeing the Peer Leader Program