Senior Service Day 2014
The Class of 2014 over four years logged 18,135 community service hours.
And they kept giving; Wednesday, May 28, 2014 was the 4th Annual Senior Service Day when seniors give back to the communities that have given so much to them.
On a cold and rainy Senior Service Day, 325 seniors (out of a class of 394) worked in 33 locations, pulling invasive plant species, helping pre-schoolers with their field day, cleaning horse stalls, assisting senior citizens with technology, weeding fields, planting trees and flowers, painting classrooms, packing classrooms and more.
See slideshow of photos from the day.
Seniors worked at the following locations:
- Lincoln, Council on Aging
- Sudbury Senior Center
- Lincoln Public Library
- Goodnow Library
- Walden Woods Project
- Codman Farm
- Drumlin Farm
- Wolbach Farm, SVT
- The Food Project
- Lincoln Conservation
- Longfellow’s Wayside Inn
- Lovelane Special Needs Riding Program
- Save A Dog
- Buddy Dog Humane Society
- Sudbury Park and Rec. Haskell Field, Fairbanks
- Lincoln Public Schools: Hartwell, Brooks, Smith
- Sudbury Public Schools: Haynes, Nixon, Loring, Noyes, Curtis
- Aruna’s Place
- Lincoln-Sudbury RHS
- Sudbury Historical Society
- Sudbury Garden Club