Housing Families Malden
Housing Families is a non-profit located in Malden, MA. We work with families experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of experiencing homelessness through providing various services and programs in order to combat homelessness and the cycle of poverty. Among our services, we offer a Youth and Family program in which we provide tutoring, counseling, and other opportunities for the children of our families.
Here are our immediate volunteer opportunities:
- After-School Tutor – tutor homeless (and previously homeless) children to help them succeed academically in order to avoid the cycle of poverty
- When: Monday-Friday 4-5pm or 5-6pm (7pm on Wednesdays).
- Commitment: At least an hour a week on a regular basis for 6 months
- Childcare – watch and play with children during parenting workshops and counseling groups
- When: Monday- Thursday 6-7:15pm
- Commitment: Once a week for 6 months
We also have other service opportunities which include:
- Donate A Meal
- Holiday Drive
- Backpack drive
If students are interested in volunteer opportunities they can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then set up a volunteer training course for them, they will fill out CORI/SORI forms, and we will move forward with scheduling them for tutoring. If any staff is interested in learning more about our organization or would like us to speak directly to their students we can schedule a time to come to campus to do so.
For more information about Housing Families, please visit our website at housingfamilies.org. If you have any specific questions about our volunteer opportunities please e-mail me or call me at 781-333-2289 ext 203.
354 Cross Street
Malden, MA 02148
Housing Families Inc.
P: 781-333-2289 ext. 203