Course Selection Process for 2019-2020
- 3/18/19 Students will receive instructions about online course request process
- 3/14 – 3/29 English, History, Math, Science & World Language Teachers discuss recommendations with students and enter recommendations in Aspen
- 3/15 – 4/2 Students view course recommendations in Aspen (My Info top tab, Requests side tab)
- 3/15 – 4/2 Parents/Guardians view course recommendations in Aspen Portal (Family top tab, Schedule side tab, Requests sub-side-tab)
- 4/2 Deadline for students to complete online Course Requests in Aspen and for parents/guardians to approve course requests in Aspen Portal.
The Scheduling Department is by the front door of the school, opposite the balcony of the auditorium. Please stop by if you have questions.
List of course offerings for 2019-2020 is available here.
Your teachers will enter course recommendations in Aspen for English, History, World Language, Math & Science classes by March 29, 2019. Review your recommendations in Aspen under My Info Top Tab, Requests Side Tab.
Review your progress toward fulfilling graduation requirements as you make your course requests for next year.
Double-enrollment (more than one course in the same department):
- If you are already double-enrolled in World Language, both of your current teachers will enter your course recommendations in Aspen.
- You may not request more than one double-enrollment.
- All Double Enrollment requests are granted on a space available basis and are not guaranteed.
Students who will be in grades 9-11 next year:
- You must take 7 courses.
Students who will be seniors next year:
- Seniors must take at least 6 courses.
Questions about a particular course or the course selection process in a particular department should be directed to your student’s current teacher or to that Department Coordinator (contact info in the Program of Studies).
Questions about planning a student’s academic program should be directed to the student’s guidance counselor.
Questions about the scheduling process or the Course Request Sheet should be directed to Virginia Blake, Coordinator of Curriculum, Scheduling and Assessment.
2019-2020 schedules for 10th-12th Grade students will be finalized and made available in student and parent Aspen portals in August. Students and your parents/guardians will receive an email notifying you when they are available.
Schedules for incoming Ninth Grade students will be mailed home in August. Ninth Graders will get their Aspen accounts in September. Ninth Grade parents/guardians will be able to activate their Aspen Family Portal account after school begins.