Course Selection Process for 2018-2019
- 3/15 & 3/16 Students will receive course request sheets (CRS) in English classes
- 3/15 – 3/28 English, History, Math, Science & World Language Teachers discuss recommendations with students and enter recommendations in iPass
- 3/15 – 4/2 Students may view course recommendations in iPass (“View Recoms/Requests”)
- 3/15 – 4/2 Parents/Guardians may view course recommendations in LS Document Viewer
- 4/2 Course Request Sheets due from students to Scheduling Department
The Scheduling Department is by the front door of the school, opposite the balcony of the auditorium.
Signed and completed Course Request Sheet is due to the Scheduling Dept by April 2, 2018. All students must return a signed form, even if no additional course selections are made on the sheet.
List of course offerings for 2018-2019 is available here.
Your teachers will enter course recommendations in iPass for English, History, World Language, Math & Science classes by March 28, 2018. Review your recommendations in iPass under “View Recoms/Requests.” This view will be open until April 2nd.
Review your progress toward fulfilling graduation requirements in your iPass account, under “View Grades By Department.”
Additional course selection: Please prioritize your requests, numbered 1-10, for Computer Science, FATA, and other course offerings on the reverse side of the CRS.
Double-enrollment: If you wish to double-enroll in English, History, Math or Science, please prioritize your requests, on the reverse side of the CRS. If you wish to double-enroll in World Language for the first time, please prioritize your requests on the reverse side of the CRS. If you are already double-enrolled in World Language, both of your current teachers will enter your course recommendation in iPass. You may not request more than one double-enrollment. All Double Enrollment requests are granted on a space available basis and are not guaranteed.
Students who will be in grades 9-11 next year:
- You must take 7 courses.
- Be sure that the number of teachers’ course recommendations and your course requests on the CRS add up to 7 courses.
Students who will be seniors next year:
- Seniors must take at least 6 courses.
- Senior Free: Please check one of the Senior Free boxes (one or both semesters) on the reverse if you are planning on taking 6 courses and having a Senior Free block. Be sure that the number of teachers’ course recommendations and your course requests on the CRS add up to 6 courses.
- If you do not select a Senior Free box (one or both semesters), be sure that the number of teachers’ course recommendations and your course requests on the CRS add up to 7 courses.
Questions about a particular course or the course selection process in a particular department should be directed to your student’s current teacher or to that Department Coordinator (contact info in the Program of Studies).
Questions about planning a student’s academic program should be directed to the student’s guidance counselor.
Questions about the scheduling process or the Course Request Sheet should be directed to Virginia Blake, Coordinator of Curriculum and Scheduling.
2018-2019 schedules for 10th-12th Grade students will be finalized and made available in student iPass accounts and parent/guardian LS Document Viewer in August. Students and your parents/guardians will receive an email notifying you when they are available.
Schedules for incoming 9th Grade students will be mailed home in August. 9th Graders will get their iPass accounts in September. 9th Grade parents/guardians will be able to activate their LS Document Viewer after school begins.