Within each House at Lincoln-Sudbury, two school guidance counselors provide academic and emotional support to students throughout their four years, culminating with guidance on the college admissions process, post-secondary education, as well as other post-secondary options. Each counselor monitors the academic progress of approximately 200 students. Counselors communicate frequently with parents and coordinate efforts to support their students who are experiencing emotional crises or lack of success in school.
In additional to the traditional school guidance counselors, a limited number of clinical counselors provide therapeutic supports for the considerable number of students who experience emotional distress interfering with their ability to make progress in school or who are returning from therapeutic hospitalizations and require emotional support. Clinical counselors provide psychological services as required for some special education students in their IEP’s, as well as individual counseling for general education students in crisis when referred by the school guidance counselor.
Current Important Information:
Class of 2017, the following presentation was shared at the mandatory senior class meeting on September 14, 2016: Senior Class Seminar.
Students will need the Counselor Application Notification Form to officially request personal information to be sent to colleges.
- Other items in mind:
- Graduation requirements – Please consult your Grade Card on iPass to ensure your schedule has all the required coursework necessary for graduation.
- Transcript review – While you’re on iPass, check your transcript to make sure there are no errors before we start sending it to colleges. This is also a good time to update your community service paperwork, if you haven’t done so already.
- Course schedule – If you have any questions/concerns regarding your course schedule, please visit the Schedule Information Page on the LS website or contact your school guidance counselor.
- Class of 2018, welcome back! If you have any questions/concerns regarding your course schedule, please make sure to visit the Schedule Information Page on the LS website or contact your school guidance counselor. Also, when you get the chance, swing by and check-in with your school guidance counselor about what you did over the summer. Looking forward to a great year!
- Class of 2019, welcome back! If you have any questions/concerns regarding your course schedule, please make sure to visit the Schedule Information Page on the LS website or contact your school guidance counselor. Also, when you get the chance, swing by and check-in with your school guidance counselor about what you did over the summer. Looking forward to a great year!
FOR NINTH GRADERS:
- Class of 2020, we hope you are enjoying your 9th Grade Seminars with your counselors. Feel free to check in with your counselor if you have any questions regarding your seminars.
- The Counseling Department will continue using Naviance, a web-based service designed especially for students. This year, we will be using it with the Class of 2017 to send college application materials. The Class of 2018 will use its features as a tool for post-secondary planning purposes, and the class of 2019 will be introduced to its career exploration features during the second semester. Please see the following Press Release for more information.
- The Counseling Department will continue to improve our new website. While most of it is complete, please be aware that it is still a work in progress and information will continue to be updated throughout the year. If you have any comments or feedback, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org