AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL CLUB
Amnesty International is a global movement of people fighting injustice and promoting human rights.
We work to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. As the world’s largest grassroots human rights organization, Amnesty investigates and exposes abuses, educates and mobilize the public, and helps transform societies to create a safer, more just world.
Some Amnesty International Club activities:
- Jamnesty Concert to raise funds for human rights
- Write-a-Thon for Human Rights (we mobilize students to write letters asking for justice, to free political prisoners)
- Petition drives on behalf of those affected by human rights abuses
- Northeast Regional Conference to learn more about human rights abuses and actions
- Get on the Bus field trip to New York City
More info about Amnesty International is available at www.amnestyusa.org