The object of the game is to identify a 'Set' of three cards from the cards laid out before you.
Each card has a variation of each of the following four characteristics:
• Number: one, two, or three symbols
• Color: red, green, or purple
• Shading: solid, open, or striped
• Shape: oval, squiggle, or diamond.
A 'Set' consists of three cards in which each characteristic is
• EITHER the same on each card
• OR is different on each card.
any characteristic in a 'Set' of three cards is either common to all three cards or is different on each card.