|Big Fish Notes
Teacher: Ken Kimura
email: ken_kimura at lsrhs dot net
telephone: (978)443-9961 XT2221
- Duplicate a selection onto another layer - apple J
- Make selections using quickmask mode
- Invert selections - Selection menu > invert
- Transform - Edit menu transform, scale
- Rubberstamp tool - option click the source of what you want to paint
- Make a selection around the fish
- Make a rough selection around the fish using any selection tool
- Switch to quickmask mode
- Use shades of black and white and the paintbrush tool to add to or take away from the selection.
- Switch back to normal mode (not quickmask mode)
- Duplicate the selection onto it’s own layer and name the layer “fish”
- Lock transparency on the fish layer.
- Use the clone stamping tool to erase the fingers
- choose a soft edged brush
- option click on an area that you want to copy
- paint the new area
- You will need to reset the copy source by option clicking.
(It’s like picking you mouse up when you’ve run out of room)’
- With the fish layer active, make it bigger and rotate it if needed.
- Edit menu > Transform > Scale (hold down the shift key)
- Edit menu > Transform > Rotate
- Go to the original layer and make a selection around the fingers.
(See step 1)
- Duplicate the selection onto it’s own layer and name it “fingers”
a. Apple J
- Rearrange your layers so that the fingers” layer is on top of the bigger “fish” layer.
- Rubber stamp any parts of the original fish that show.
a. See step 4.