This page contains step-by-step instructions on how to create a blog post on your site.
- First, select “Control Panel” from the footer section of your site.
- Next, use the menu bar on the left to select the “Posts” tab.
- You will be directed to the “Posts” page
- Then, you can either edit a post, or create a new post, as shown by the images below.
- Editing a post is just like typing in a word processor. A formatting bar and media upload buttons are just above the text field, and the Title of the post is in a separate text field. (The software will automatically create a URL for your post, which you can change if you want to).
- You can assign “Categories” to your posts, which will make it easier for your visitors to find information on the topic you’re looking for.
- You can also control whether visitors can comment on posts by checking or unchecking the “Allow comments” box pictured in the image below. *To control comments on individual posts, you must turn on “Discussion” under “Screen Options” in the top right corner while you ware editing the post.
- The last step to creating a post is publishing it. To publish the post, click the blue “Publish/Update” button on the right side of the screen.
- That’s it! You’ve created a post.